- PhD, Program in Literature, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- MFA, Department of Graphic Design, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- BA, Department of Philosophy, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany, Visiting Professor, Institut für Turkistik (2018-2019)
- Research Fellow, Germany, Kulturwissenschaftliches Institut Essen (2018 – 2020)
- Kadir Has University, Turkey, Lecturer, PhD. , Visual Communication Design (2011 – 2018)
- Florida Atlantic University, USA, Lecturer, Department of English (2008)
- Bilkent University, Turkey, Lecturer, Department of Communication Design (2006 – 2007)
- Duke University, USA, Graduate Lecturer, Program in Literature (2002 – 2006)
Research and Teaching Interests
- Modernist Literary Studies
- Literary and Critical Theory
- Post-2000 Turkish Literature
- Contemporary Continental Philosophy and Aesthetics
- Literary and Artistic Production in the Context of Gloablisation
- Film and Media Theory
- My ongoing research project, tentatively titled “Modernism, Neo-Liberalism, and the Literary Field in Contemporary Turkey: 2000-2017”, challenges the dominat diachronic national paradigm and develops a synchronic global socio-historical framework for evaluating literary production in the post-2000 Turkish literary field.
- “Wallace Stevens’s Poetics of the Other,” Anglia. Journal of English Philology, 135(3): 490-510, 2017.
- “The Politics Of The Gezi Park Resistance: Against Memory And Identity,” The South Atlantic Quarterly, 113(2): 427-436, 2014.
- “Introduction: Communism in the Grand Style,” Rethinking Marxism, Vol.13, No. ¾ Fall/Winter 2001 (co-authored with Abdul-Karim Mustapha)
- “Modernizm, Postmodernleşme ve Ayhan Geçgin’in Kayıp Poetikası,” (“Modernism, Postmodernization, and Ayhan Geçgin’s Poetics of Disappointment”.Monograf, 9, 2018.
- “Versions of Minor Literature: Two Contemporary Cases from Turkish Film,” Culture and Communication/Kültür ve İletişim, Yıl.19 Sayı. 9, Mart-Ağustos 2016.